Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sick Little Boy

Early Sunday morning I could hear over the baby monitor that Kieran's breathing sounded a little "raspy" and sure enough, when he got up he had a fever and a bad, barking cough. So, we stayed home from church and Kieran took naps, played and ate like he was feeling fine!

Sunday night Kieran was up every hour fussing and not feeling well. At 3:00 a.m. his fever was 101.3 (that was taken under his arm and the digits only made it that far before he wouldn't allow me to hold his arm down any longer--note to self---get new batteries for the ear thermometer!). Needless to say, come Monday morning all of us were very tired and his nose started running like a faucet!

I called the pediatrician's office and got an appt. for 2:30 and Kieran fell asleep 5 minutes before we got to the doctor's office--of course! The doctor confirmed that Kieran has the croup/really bad cold. He said the worst would last 3 days and he gave us a prescription to fill if he had another bad night like he had the night before.

Thankfully, he slept well last night--only waking up once when his fever broke-but his nose is still in a constant flow. He hates it when I use the bulb syringe thing to clean it out and he doesn't like the nose drops either--he'll move his head right before I'm ready to squeeze them in his nose--and the drops end up in his hair!

When Kieran sees you coming at him with a kleenex, he immediately wipes his nose with his hands, on the couch, or on the chair--whatever happens to be closest at the time! Chuck thought that was hilarious when I told him that--I'm sure he wouldn't think it was so funny if it was his shirt that Kieran was using as a kleenex!

So, now I'm off to spray some lysol, do some laundry and hopefully get rid of these germs so it doesn't get passed onto anyone else!

1 comment: