Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mater--We got him!

My nephew Caden (2 1/2 yrs. old) loves the movie CARS and he collects the little toy cars memorabilia from the movie--they are a little bit bigger than a hot wheel and are available at Target, Wal-Mart etc. He has quite a few of them but they were not able to find the Mater truck from the movie.

When they came to visit this past weekend (see previous post) they checked the vendors at the World of Wheels car show and they found one! Later, my mom did some shopping and bought the boys some t-shirts and she also got Kieran a Mater truck--so, now Kieran and Caden both have the Mater truck!

(Side note--Kieran has never even seen the CARS movie--mostly because his attention span is not that long and if it doesn't have a tractor or a choo-choo in it, he's not real interested! However, he loves playing with trucks, so he's very happy with his Mater!)

So, later that day, Mater was sitting on the table at my grandpa's booth during the car show and 2 little boys walked by with their parents and they were so excited to see Mater on the table! They wanted to hold him and touch him etc.--which was fine. Their dad said they had been trying to find Mater and all the vendors there were sold out! I can't believe how important this little truck is! ha!

Here is a picture of our special Mater Truck:
I wonder how much this thing would sell for on E-bay....

2 comments:

  1. Probably a lot! :0)
    But I wouldn't.

    Cars does have a tractor in it - lots of them actually - don't want to give away too much - but Mater is involved and they go....

    (do you want to know)????

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the CARS movie and I've seen it a few times--I do remember the tractor tipping! ha! We'll have to put it in for Kieran someday and see how long he makes it through the movie--he might surprise us!

    P.S.--I'm not really going to sell Mater on e-bay!

    ReplyDelete