I think it's pretty safe to say that I've changed a sufficient amount of diapers in my lifetime to know what I'm doing--if I had a $1 for every diaper I've ever changed--I'd probably have that new mini-van sitting in my garage right now--okay, maybe just enough for a nice down payment-but you get the point!
Last night Kiptyn was having his last feeding before bedtime and he started his ritual of making some very "juicy" noises in his diaper! Chuck was down in the basement close by and he could even hear it! So, off to the changing table to we go.
I open the diaper to see that there is no surprise waiting for me--must have just been some gas I guess? I'm in the process of taking the diaper off and he starts squirting yellow bowel in the diaper--no problem. I give him some time to finish his business and start putting the 2nd diaper on him. Apparantely, he was not done with his business because he starts squirting more yellow poo--this time it hits the changing table, my hand and THE WALL! So, now I'm trying to clean the wall, myself and him with baby wipes. Okay, business is done.
We are now ready to apply the 3rd diaper to his bottom and in the process he starts a fountain of pee---right onto my pajamas! Are you kidding me?! At this point I am laughing hysterically because I can't believe this is happening! It's like a scene out of a movie!! I yell for Chuck to come, in between my laughter, so he can have a good chuckle out of it too! So, Chuck takes over to apply the 4th diaper---yes, 4 diapers in a matter of minutes--good grief! In the meantime, I go change my clothes and we then decide that Kiptyn's official nickname is "Little Squirt!"
Ha Ha Ha! I had that happen with Aaron. Boys! You gotta laugh at em! Like the nickname, too. :)Julie
ReplyDeleteThat happened to me with all of the girls. The worst was when I was changing Anna's diapers in our bed in the middle of the night. Jeremy woke up to me calling for help because she had pooped all over me and the bed! (even with a changing pad underneath!)
ReplyDeleteSarah
Oh my goodness! I wouldn't even know how to react changing little boys that pee & squirt! :) TOO funny, at least you can laugh about it, right?
ReplyDeleteToo funny. We had a similar tale too....
ReplyDelete