But, I'm really hoping to change my constant need for a Kleenex soon! As mentioned, I've been battling a sinus infection for about 6 months now. I go to the doctor, they prescribe OTC medicines and they don't work, go back to the doc, get an antibiotic that works well until I'm done with it and then the infection comes back and we start the game all over again! Hence, the reason I need so many Kleenex's!
I had a CT scan of my sinuses last week and then I saw an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor on Wednesday of this week. Come to find out I have a Concha Bullosa in my nose! A Concha What?! It pretty much means the middle bone of my nose is filled up with air, causing my airway to be constricted, thus causing sinus infections etc. The only way to fix it is with surgery. Ugg!
But, first we have to clear up the infection and huge amount of swelling that is going on in my sinuses right now. So, I'm on 2 antibiotics for 21 days as well as an antibiotic cream--then we go back to see the doctor and hopefully he can get a better look in there so see what the extent of the surgery needs to be.
So, there you have it--too much information about what is happening with my sinuses. But, at least you know what a Concha Bullosa is now--your science lesson for the day is done!
And here's the real reason that you're reading this blog--to see my cute boy of course!:
No comments:
Post a Comment