I had my 3rd (and final?) sinus surgery on the Wednesday before Easter and so far, everything is looking good! My mom was here to watch the boys and then she took them home with her for a few days. Remember, Kieran was just getting over the stomach flu and now he had a cold and Kiptyn started running a fever. Mom had to take Kiptyn into a First Care place in Kearney on Saturday morning---after I had to drive up to our local grocery store and fax a permission slip out there so they could treat my son!--and he had an ear infection, sore throat and a touch of bronchitis. We met mom in York, picked up the boys (which we were planning to do that day anyway) and started the antibiotic on a very fussy, not feeling well little boy!
Needless to say, the boys and I stayed home from church on Sunday morning to keep from spreading sick germs! But, we did have a nice meal with some of Chuck's family on Sunday afternoon and the antibiotic kicked in right away for Kiptyn!
So, I'm hoping to get that nice picture this Sunday!!
Kieran had a special Cross project to do for preschool. He decorated a Cross with his name and pictures of his family, stickers etc. Then the preschool hung them on a wall that said, "Jesus Died For..." It is a pretty sweet sight to see! Kieran also brought home a Easter coloring book from school and he was telling me about how Jesus died on the cross. A heart grabbing moment as I realize Kieran is slowly starting to understand what the death of Jesus means..
I love it that you are watching Kieran understand what Jesus did for him. What an incredible thing for you to watch him grasp. I love how you share this part of the journey of parenting. Really encourages me to stay focused on what we are doing with the teens -- we can change generations! That is way cool! Thanks Cheryl for the encouragement. Lavonne
ReplyDelete