Monday, May 23, 2011

Take Steps, Be Heard!

On Saturday, May 14th, my parents and my friend, Tara, joined me in the TAKE STEPS, BE HEARD walk for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis! I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 11 years ago and although I'm in remission (thanks to a drug called Remicade), a cure still needs to be found! I registered for the walk in early May and with the help of family and friends, we raised over $500 for research--in just over 1 week! Amazing! Thanks for everyone who donated!


Side note: Chuck was suppose to walk with us but he got sent to North Dakota for work during the week of the walk. He felt really bad, but I told him it was fine--next year he'll just have to help raise 2x as much in donations to make up for it! :-) I love him and all the support and encouragement he has given to me during our engagement period and our 8 years of marriage!


Our Team!



Hy-Vee provided free food!

Me and My Mom--she's spent many hours with me in hospitals!



Kieran getting a balloon animal


Dinosaur Balloon!


Two of my Best Supporters!


One of my BEST Friends! Tara has been on this journey from the very beginning! We were roommates in college when this all started!







This site made me a bit emotional seeing all the people who came out to support pateients of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis!

























No comments:

Post a Comment