Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Today we celebrate all the dads in our lives! I'm so thankful and blessed to have Chuck as my husband and father of our two wonderful boys! Chuck works hard to provide for our family, spends quality time with our boys, provides me with a helping hand, loves the Lord and desires to Serve Him in his own life and to raise our boys up in the Lord, and I couldn't ask for a better man to help raise these children that God has entrusted to us. We Love our Daddy!
I had bought Chuck a Father's Day gift, wrapped it up and hid it for the big day. But, I wanted to make sure that the boys had a hand in helping pick out daddy's gift also. So, I took them shopping yesterday and we bought daddy a new golf shirt. We came home and I told Kieran it was a surprise for daddy for tomorrow. Kieran was so excited to hide the present in his dresser until Father's Day. Well, daddy came home from work and the conversation happened like this:

Kieran: Daddy, we have a surprise for you!
Me: Not until tomorrow, the surprise is for Father's Day tomorrow.
Kieran: We got you a golf shirt daddy!

I had a feeling the surprise was going to come out early, hence the reason I didn't let Kieran know what the other gift was for daddy! Kieran made daddy close his eyes and follow him into the bedroom so he could get the gift out of his dresser. He was so excited!!--and so was daddy!


Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in our life!

In other funny news...When I was out shopping with the boys yesterday, Kieran was playing at a lego table at Carter's with another little boy and this is what I heard:


(Sorry for the extra spacing--not sure why blogger is making you read a short story in long form!)


Other boy: My mom is pregnant and I'm going to have a baby sister


Kieran: I'm going to have a baby sister too!


Me: No you're not!


Kieran: Yes, I am! Go away mom, I can't talk to him when you're standing here!


I guess I'm already cramping my sons style--he is, after all, 4 years old!!



1 comment:

  1. Help the boy out here a little Mom and Dad! He wants a baby sister too! ;)

    ReplyDelete