Thursday, March 15, 2012

Life With 3

I always like to read about other women's birth stories. I think the birth of a baby is an amazing, miraculous event, no matter how it happens! I don't really have any amazing birth stories--I mean, how interesting can a scheduled c-section really be? We went, they cut, and tada--a beautiful baby!

Since Chloe joined our family 4 weeks ago (Wow! Where did the time go?) we have definitely been in an adjustment period, but overall it's been pretty smooth sailing. I would be lying if I said I haven't had "mommy moments" of emotional breakdowns (How am I going to do this?!) or that I haven't lost my patience once or twice with my other 2 children, but that is to be expected and thankfully each day is new!

I feel like I can call the day productive if:
  • I've showered before noon or 3 p.m.,
  • The boys are dressed and Kiptyn has a clean diaper on instead of one that is almost touching the floor from wetness
  • I get some lunch on the table for my boys--even if it is pbj (again!)
  • I can get at least one load of laundry from the washing machine to the dryer (never mind that Chuck has to go dig his work shirts out of the dryer for himself)
  • The boys have had at least 2 hours of NOT watching a movie (don't worry, this is just a phase while we adjust!)

The boys have done great with their baby sister too! Kieran absolutely adores her and Kiptyn pretty much ignores her. But, that's how they roll right now and it's working out okay. Sometimes Kieran can be a little too loving and Kiptyn will shake his head if you ask him if he likes his baby sister, but I'm sure those will pass too!

Chuck has been an amazing help to me--as he always is! He not only does his job of providing for our family by going to work 5 days a week, but he's cooking meals, doing dishes, changing laundry (and poopy diapers), disciplining the boys, feeding Chloe or putting her to sleep, supporting me through this time and just being an amazing father to not just 2 kids now, but his daughter too--whom he adores! Today is our 9 year anniversary and we don't have any big plans because life is a bit busy right now, but we're totally okay with that--I know the day will come when we can go to dinner by ourselves again soon!

As for me, I'm doing good too. I'm tired but we're making it! I feel incredibly blessed by my 3 special gifts from the Lord in my children and I know these days will pass by too quickly! I know I need to take more time to snuggle, read books, play games, tickle and enjoy these moments with my kids. I'm loving having a baby girl in the house and all the "girly" things that come along with that, but I still get joy out of finding John Deere tractors by my bed and reading books about dump trucks and cars too!

Chloe is the perfect fit into our family! She sleeps through all the screaming and rough housing that her brothers do and she would prefer to snuggle on your shoulder all day if you would let her (the grandma's do a good job of that!). She's had some issues with acid reflux and we just started some medicine for her so hopefully that will help ease her pain when she eats! We love it when she has her eyes open and her little smiles in her sleep. I look forward to watching her change and seeing who she's going to be!

And that my friends, is how we are doing Life With 3!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That pretty much sums up what I call a productive day too! (and I only have 2!) :) I'm glad to know that I'm not the only Mom who suffers from a lack of "real" productiveness! But the adoring smiles and "I love you"s make it worth it all! Enjoy the snuggles... they're passing by quickly!

    P.S. Happy Anniversary!
    P.P.S. This weather reminds of a certain day 9 years ago...:) Sweet!

    ReplyDelete