If you know my husband, which I'm assuming you probably do if you're reading this blog, you know that he's a pretty healthy guy! Rarely gets sick, rarely has to go see the doctor and doesn't have a whole lot of medical things going besides the occasional headache--which is good because I have enough medical issues to cover us both--I say we balance each other out well that way! :-)
He had surgery on his knee when he was a very young child, but other than that he has had no surgeries or been on pain pills etc.
Enter: Wisdom Teeth Surgery!!
He actually had the sugery a couple of weeks ago but life has been too crazy for me to upload or tell you about the funny---I mean serious experience! His surgery went very well with no problems and it was quick! They had to put him under anesthesia, of course, and that's where the real fun begins!
As soon as the nurse wheeled him out to me, he was talking like a funny, mad man--with a mouth full of gauze!! So you can imagine that anything he was saying sounded funny anyway because it had a long, drawn out tone to it! We got into the car and I can't recall everything that he was saying but I had tears coming out of my eyes because I was laughing so hard! I know he recalls some of it and he will tell you that he was "playing it up", which is true, but he doesn't remember everything--like telling me the same thing multiple times! Phrases like, "This is Awesome" and "Honey, we're gonna have a blast!" were coming out of his bloody, swollen mouth!
My friend, Jaqueline and her sister watched Kiptyn and Chloe for us during the surgery so we had to go pick them up after we were done, but Chuck had to stay in the car because I told him he would probably scare the poor children! Well, while I'm inside getting the kids, Chuck decides to call his brother on his phone! Are you kidding me?!! His brother didn't answer so he calls the church office where his brother works! Of course the secretary answered and we later found out that she had no idea who it was or what they wanted! She probably thought some drunk guy was calling!! Needless to say, I took Chuck's phone away for awhile!
Well, it didn't take long for the "loopiness" to wear off and the pain and discomfort started setting in! But, Chuck handled it like a champ! Ice packs, tylenol, pain meds, soup, rest and movies was his life for a few days. I'm thankful that everything went okay and we can look back on this experience with a few laughs---and now you can too :-)
Ahhh yes! The great tales from wisdom teeth removal surgery! :) He sounds just like his siblings did! :) Great story Cheryl!
ReplyDelete