On this day last week, my dad's family laid my Grandpa Lloyd Seems to rest. It was a sad day but a joyful day as celebrate his life and we know that we'll see him again someday! The military funeral was a very nice tribute to this great man!
This photo was taken in March. Grandpa knew who we all were and he was so happy to see us. His health slowly went downhill and the Lord took him home peacefully.
I have fond memories of time spent with my grandparents growing up. My brother and I would always spend at least a week with them in the summer and there was always something to do!
Grandma always had Lifesavers in her purse for us when we attended Church and Sunday School with them.
Pecan Sandies cookies (Grandpa's favorite) was always on the list when you went grocery shopping with Grandma.
It was a guarantee that Grandma would make you at least one batch of Rice Krispie treats when you came to visit!
My brother and I always got our own bottle of pop out of the pop machine when we went to visit Grandpa at the gas station he owned.
6:00 a.m. you could always find Grandpa and Grandma sitting at the kitchen table, drinking their morning coffee and reading their Bibles.
They were loved by many and they truly showed love to many!
We were traveling on Father's Day so I took this picture of Chuck and the kids after the funeral on the swing in my grandparent's backyard.
What a nice tribute to your grandparents.
ReplyDeleteAnd Chuck in a tie!! I'm so impressed - lookin' good! ;)
This is nice. Especially the swing pics
ReplyDelete