Thursday, June 19, 2014

Take Steps Be Heard Walk 2014

 Sometimes all the medical stuff in my life can be a bit overwhelming. The appointments, medications, needle pokes, co-pays, medical bills and constant reminders of living with a chronic illness can be a bit much to handle!
But, then I stop and count my MANY blessings and I'm reminded that God's plan for my life is way better than my own!
 
Here are some pictures of one of those recent blessings!
Team Bear recently walked in the Take Steps Be Heard walk for Crohn's and colitis on June 7th. We raised $500 as a team and the event raised $50,000! Awesome!
 
I'm so very blessed and thankful for the constant support of my family on this journey and especially my husband!

My parents...they have loved me through a lot of ups and downs in life...and they've always been by my side!

My two boys with cotton candy!
Love these little guys...at one time in my life I didn't know if it would be possible to have such a blessing as my children. God proved otherwise!



Kieran's baseball tattoo!

Silly balloon hats!!

My sweetie girl Chloe! Love her!!

Hy-Vee helped sponsor the event...free food!

My doctor was at the event also!
Thankful for him and the medical technology we have to help keep me in remission!

My good friend Mona also joined our team!
I have so many great friends that bring much encouragement to my life!
 
Bounce house fun!

Us with the storm chasers mascot...not sure what this is suppose to be exactly?!

Family!

How sweet is this?!!
Chuck surprised me by getting my name "tattooed" on his arm! Love that man so much!



Our view of the lake that we walked around!

Taking the leisurely walk to fight Crohn's and colitis!
 
The day was a wonderful day for a walk around the lake! The weather was great and I'm so thankful that we had this opportunity to join the Take Steps Be Heard walk!
 
I'm reminded of God's great blessings in my life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment