Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Guitar Man

Before Christmas came, if you asked Kieran what he wanted for Christmas he would tell you a John Deere weedeater (like daddy) and a guitar. I wasn't surprised by the weedeater, but I was surprised by his desire for a guitar! He had seen a kids guitar in a toy catalog, so I figured it was one of those "seen it, want it" type of things.

Then I was reminded of the "guy with the guitar" at his preschool. One of the employees at the church where Kieran attends preschool has a guitar and he comes into their classroom, plays his guitar and they all sing songs. Kieran thought that was pretty cool! Kieran also made a comment one day about wanting to play guitar like the "big kids" at church!

So, I went researching for an inexpensive, child-friendly, QUIET guitar! I found one for $10 on Walmart. com--and it's even a Toy Story Woody guitar!

Kieran was very excited when he opened the guitar:


Occasionally, you will find him standing in front of a Cedarmont Kids Songs video, playing his guitar and singing along. Or he follows me around the house, telling me to sing while he plays--and he's quick to tell me when I'm singing the song wrong!:
He says now he can take his guitar to church and play like the big kids! Maybe Kieran's interest in the guitar will continue and someday he can use that skill for God's glory--and he'll be one of the "big kids" playing in the worship band at church!



No comments:

Post a Comment