Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Nap or Not to Nap?

So, Kieran doesn't usually take a nap in the afternoon because if we do let him sleep then he won't go to bed at night. So, we tried only letting him sleep for 1 hour in the afternoon and he was still wide awake at 10:30 p.m.! Also, he was a major grumpy bear when you woke him up--20 minutes of that was enough to make you think twice about letting him take a nap in the first place!

Because he doesn't take a nap, we backed up his bedtime to 8 p.m. Well, I guess preschool must really wear him out when he attends during the week, because if he comes home and lays his head down for too long, this is what happens:

I usually let him have a 30 minute siesta and then wake him up--much to his dismay! So, we're doomed if we do and we're doomed if we don't!

I was totally shocked to see Kieran falling asleep like that because our boys have never been ones to do that. Well, something must have really worn Kiptyn out because this is how we found him on Tuesday!:

Now, if only my boys would let me take a little nap in the middle of the floor whenever I wanted!



No comments:

Post a Comment