Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MY Cake Boss!

Prepare yourselves! I have shocking news--and amazing pictures! Chuck not only baked his first ever cake, but then he cut it out and decorated it like a John Deere Tractor! I'm not kidding! Check out the pictures:








He told me a few weeks ago that he wanted to do this; I thought he was crazy--I admit it. Yes, I do birthday cakes at our house, but I do them a bit differently--I make a visit to the cake shop, tell them what I want and they deliver :-) So, I was a bit apprehensive about this whole cake thing!


But, he totally surprised me and he did an AWESOME job! He had some guidance from our SIL Rachel, but he pretty much did all the work himself! This is his "practice" cake--he plans on making another one for the Bear Birthday party on September 11th. I guess there's nothing my man can't do!






3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! It looks very good! So are the brown "specks" on the hood supposed to be mud?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Burkland would be so proud!

    ReplyDelete