Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wrapped In Love!

I come from a family of very crafty and talented people on my mom's side. My mom is extremely talented (in my opinion) in many areas of "craftiness." When I was younger, my mom would sew my summer oufits and occasionally make matching dresses for my dolls too, and she always had a project going on in her craft room---it's still that way today! My mom taught me how to sew when I was young and then I did a lot more for Home Economics class in high school. Do you think I could even thread a sewing machine at this point in my life? Not so much! I don't even attempt to sew on a button because it will just fall off again in 2 weeks!

Anyway, I have numerous wall hangings, table decorations, blankets and other handmade things that have been handstitched, sewn, painted, embroidered or whatever by my great-grandma, my grandma or my mom. Come to my house at Christmas time and you'll see lots of red/green table runners and handmade ornaments on our tree. Now, this is nice stuff that I'm proud to display--not something that I put out because I feel like I "have" to! Trust me, I have a lot more that I wish I had the space to put out!

My great-grandma made a baby blanket for each one of my boys--and my grandma did also. My boys have tie blankets that were given to them by my aunt and they sleep with them every night! Chloe is no exception!
The picture above shows the wonderful blankets that Chloe has received from family and friends at this point. The one on the left was made by my great-grandma and the one in the middle was put together by my mom and grandma--then it was quilted by my Great-Aunt Berneda---didn't I say we had a family full of talented people?! The pink crocheted blanket on the right was given to her by a friend of the Bear family (who also happens to be my sister-in-law's mother-in-law!) Did you follow all of that?!

I treasure all of these wonderful gifts that have been made with so much love, effort and time! Chloe will be Wrapped In Love---in so many ways!

Here's a better look at the detail on the crocheted blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment