Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shopping 101

I remember the fear well. The fear I had of taking 2 kids into a store at the same time! Kiptyn was almost 2 months old before I was brave enough to take both him and his older brother into a store--alone! And now, here I am taking 3 kids to the store--alone! What was I thinking?!

Those were my thoughts as I experienced my first Wal-Mart shopping trip with all 3 kids last week! The biggest reason we went was to buy some new formula for Chloe as she had to start Nutramigen formula--and thank goodness we did too! No more 3 hour crying and screaming episodes for mommy---I mean baby!

So, back to our shopping experience. I had a can of the "old" formula that I was returning so I could purchase the new, much more expensive formula. I didn't have a receipt but I figured that wouldn't be a problem--they could just give me in store credit and I could apply it to the Nutramigen. Well, wouldn't you know it--you can't return formula without a receipt! Bummer!

I had a few other items to purchase too--just a few--at least I am smart enough to know that I cannot do a BIG shopping trip with 3 kids in tow! We bought Chuck some coffee beans and Kiptyn ended up spilling 1/3 of the bag all over the floor, they were out of our favorite cereal and I had to repeat, "No, we are not buying that today" on every aisle, but at least the bread didn't get smashed!

It was a slow shopping trip and my patience was running a bit thin trying to keep track of the 2 year old and quiet a fussy baby--all while pushing a shopping cart and checking out! But, we made it, got in the car and were on our way to get some lunch--in a drive thru of course!

The 2 oldest kids are hungry and we need to get some quick lunch, get home, put away the groceries and get Kieran to preschool--oh, and try to quiet Chloe who is fussing again too! Well, in the midst of all of that, I realized I had lost my debit card while I was paying and trying to get everyone to the car--and trying to keep the bread from getting smashed--because I hate smashed bread!

I called the bank and they informed me that it would be a $5 fee to close the card, but they could put a temporary hold on it if I wanted to look for it! What?! Yes, lady, please let me take 3 children BACK to Wal-Mart to look for a debit card---not in my game plan!! I was happy to pay the $5 and move on with my day at that point! At one point in my conversation with the bank lady, she says, "Oh, someone is not happy." She was referring to Chloe screaming in the background--need I say more about why I am choosing NOT to return to Wal-Mart at this time?!

Overall, the experience could have been much worse and it was well worth it because the new formula has done amazing things for this sweet baby girl:

And I received the new debit card in the mail today....time to go shopping.....alone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cheryl...I'm sorry for the day you had and I have to admit I giggled a bit...but not that kind of giggle that means I enjoyed your discomfort...the kind of giggle that comes from knowing sometimes things get SO crazy that you just HAVE to giggle because it has gotten so ridiculously bad! (And then there is the other half of me who had a mild heart attack thinking of what my future shopping trips will look like!) Something tells me the addage "after 2 it's all the same," is NOT true! Well, glad Chloe IS better now :)-- Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a giggle out of it---I tried to make the story funny--to make me feel better! ha! Yes, your turn is coming Sara!

    ReplyDelete