Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fresh and Clean

As mentioned in previous posts, we did a big home improvement project just after the new year!
We...or I should say, Chuck, painted the whole first floor of our house (excluding bedrooms and bathrooms). The ceilings even got a new coat of paint!
I helped with some of the trimming, taping, moving plastic around and keeping kids out of the way, but the credit really goes to my awesome husband!
This is a before picture of the wall color.

A before picture of one of the walls in the living room.
 
In progress.....this is the beginning stage of the first ceiling!

A little fun with the primer...the boys thought we should leave this on the wall forever!

We found out that gray is a hard color to pick because it has so many "undertones" that could turn out to be blue or brown or whatever! Do you see the 2 different colors in this picture? The blueish color on the right is the first gray we chose...trust me when I say that it did not look that blue on the swatch!!
Chuck went back to the store, chose a different gray color and had the paint remixed...the color on the left is what we ended up with...much better!

 
Taking a little break with Chloe!

Kiptyn hanging out!

Fresh, white paint on the ceilings!! Yeah!

I guess this is how you paint with stairs! I was a bit nervous, but Chuck seemed fine :-)
 
The new wall!! New gray color and the awesome new shelves that my hubby built for me! He put a lot of time into these to make them just right!! I love them!

The fireplace wall.
It's so nice to have the fresh, clean look in our house...and walls that are easier to wipe down and keep clean with little hands in the house!
 
 
 

1 comment: