On Tuesday I was also experiencing some cramping with diarrhea and the OB's nurse practitioner said it could be a bug and to push the fluids. I started vomiting at 2 a.m. on Wednesday morning and by that afternoon at 4:00 I was doubled over in pain. I had spent lots of time in the bathroom that day--so much that I probably should have set up camp in there! So, Chuck came home from work and took me to the ER.
My white blood count was elevated and my urine showed serious dehydration so they pumped me full of fluids and gave me some medicine for my nausea. They said it was probably a viral infection that caused all the diarrhea and vomiting. We're pretty sure it is not Crohn's Disease related because it came on so fast. But, because of my Crohn's Disease, my immune system is very weak so when I get a little "bug", it usually turns into something much worse. We finally got home at 11:30 p.m. last night and we owe a HUGE thank you to my friend Mona who stayed with Kieran during that time! We knew he was in good hands!
Chuck took the mobile photo above. I have small veins anyway and when you add dehydration on top of that--it can make it very difficult to get an IV in. After 7 attempts, I finally told the nurse to just put it in my wrist--which is very painful so he was hesitant about doing that. But, he gave me a big, painful poke in the wrist and tada--IV went in! This photo was taken after 1 bag of fluid had been put in and I was on my 2nd bag---feeling much better!
Oh Cheryl, I am so glad everything is alright! Sounds just awful!!! I always ask for an IV team right away. They give me a fight but I don't take no for an answer. IT usually only takes them 2 tries!
ReplyDeleteby the way, with only 73 days to go - where's the baby in that picture? I don't even see a belly on ya!!! :0-)
God's blessings to you all.
june