Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To Share or Not to Share

People ask me occasionally if our boys play well together. The answer is usually "NO!" Yes, they have their moments of sharing and contentment with one another, but mostly they like their own space!

This picture below is a prime example! I was washing the bed sheets on this bed the other day and they LOVE to run their cars and trucks (anything with wheels) on the bed--I often find hot wheels in my bed when I lay down to sleep for the night! It makes me smile!

Anyway, they were fighting over the space and Kieran didn't want Kiptyn to run his cars on "his side" and vice versa. I remember those days with my brother--mostly in the car--keeping your hands on your side of the backseat--and then one of us teases the other by putting a finger over the "line." Then the fighting happened, dad threatened to stop the car--you know how it goes!

I remedied the situation with a blanket--split the bed down the middle--it worked great!:
With all that said, the boys are offically sharing a room now! Good idea? I THINK so?! I went Christmas shopping on Saturday night and Chuck was in charge of the boys and getting them to bed. I came home and he told me they were in bed--in the same room! WHAT?! I'm not ready for this!! Ready for what--I'm not really sure but I'm pretty certain I just needed more time! Time to process, time to prepare myself--whatever. It needed to happen at some point and it's just as well that my husband took care of it while I was gone.

They have done very well together so far. Getting them to fall asleep--or getting Kiptyn to fall asleep has been a challange, but once they are asleep--they dream through the night! They've been waking up together in the morning and I can hear Kieran telling Kiptyn to be quiet as they play together in their room and Kieran kind of tells Kiptyn how this "big boy" room thing works! It's sweet. I hope it's an experience with great things to come for my boys!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Your little boys are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete